If you saw an Esse Health provider prior to 1/1/23 and still see a Missouri provider, click here to pay your bill.
If you saw an Esse Health provider in an Illinois office after 1/1/23, click here to pay your bill.
Click here to pay your bill using your Patient Portal account.
Patient Billing Policies
At each visit, you will need to:
- Present a valid copy of your insurance card.
- Review the information we have on file for the patient and validate the information by signature.
This allows us to bill the correct insurance carrier for the services you receive during your visit.
Co-payments, deductibles, co-insurance or non-covered services
- Co-payments – If your insurance carrier requires a co-payment on the services you receive, it is due at the time of service. Esse Health will not file your co-payment to a secondary insurance unless you have Medicare as a secondary insurance. If requested, Esse Health will provide you with documentation that would allow you to file the co-payment amount to your secondary insurance carrier.
- Deductibles – You are responsible for paying any deductible amount owed per information received from your insurance carrier.
- Co-insurance – You are responsible for paying any co-insurance amount owed per information received from your insurance carrier.
- Non-covered services – You are responsible for paying any amount deemed non-covered per information received from your insurance carrier.
No Surprise Medical Bills
At Esse Health, we follow all state and federal requirements relating to patient billing rights. Click below to read the Good Faith Estimate Notice.
- Insured patients have rights and protections against surprise medical bills.
- Uninsured patients have the right to receive a "Good Faith Estimate." Click here for more information.
Esse Health’s Internists, Family Practitioners and Specialty providers participate with Medicare. For your convenience, secondary insurance is filed after Medicare when the information is given to us in advance.
It is up to you to ensure Esse Health is participating in your health insurance plan. If an Esse Health physician is designated as your primary care physician with your health insurance plan, Esse Health will submit claims to your HMO health insurance plan. You will not receive a bill unless your health insurance plan denies payment. You are required to pay your co-payment at the time of service. We do not bill secondary insurance carriers for co-payments.
It is up to you to ensure Esse Health is participating in your health insurance plan. If an Esse Health physician participates in your health insurance plan, Esse Health will submit claims to your PPO health insurance plan. If there has been no response from your health insurance plan within 90 days, the balance becomes immediately due and payable by the patient. You are required to pay your co-payment at time of service. We do not bill secondary insurance carriers for co-payments.
Esse Health physicians are not contracted with these types of health insurance plans; therefore, payment is required at the time of service. As a courtesy, Esse Health will submit claims to your insurance carrier.
Esse Health may provide services to those without health insurance. We offer self-pay discounts that are in line with negotiated rates of private insurance companies. Inform the staff member that you are scheduling your appointment with that you do not have health insurance. They may be able to provide you with the estimated cost for your visit based on the self-pay rates.
Esse Health’s policy is to file the secondary insurance one time after the primary insurance plan has responded. If there has been no response from your carrier within 90 days, the balance becomes immediately due and payable by the patient.
Please contact your employer regarding workers’ compensation injuries. Be aware that your employer may require you to see a specific contracted company physician for any workers’ compensation injuries.
Esse Health sends statements to patients approximately one month apart. We may use various forms of electronic communication to contact you about your account, including:
- Text messages which allow you to preview your statement and make secure payments
- Email communication via our Patient Portal which allow your to preview your statement and make secure payments
We accept the following forms of payment: personal check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Esse Health will charge a $20 fee, plus the original amount, for any personal checks returned because of insufficient funds. The use of a check as payment is your acceptance of this agreement and these terms. If you are unable to pay your balance in full, you may contact us at the number on your billing statement to discuss a payment arrangement. Esse Health must agree to a payment arrangement in order to avoid possible placement of your account with an outside collection agency.
If your unpaid balance is sent to an outside agency for collections, you will be held responsible for paying the collection agency’s fees of 23% in addition to the original balance owed to Esse Health. This serves as your notice and acceptance of this policy.
For billing questions or a change of information, including address, phone number and insurance coverage, please contact the Esse Health Billing Department at 314-851-1087 or 1-800-454-3779. Please provide your account number to the customer service representative for faster service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tesson Ferry Pediatrics
13303 Tesson Ferry Rd., Suite 150
St. Louis, MO 63128
St. Charles Complete Care
1551 Wall Street, Suite 400
St. Charles, MO 63303
Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine at Watson Road
9580 Watson Road, Suite A
St. Louis, MO 63126
9979 Winghaven Blvd., Suite 206
O'Fallon, MO 63368
Mason Road Pediatrics
13001 North Outer 40 Rd., Suite 320
Town & Country, MO 63017
Hazelwood Florissant Pediatrics
637 Dunn Rd., Suite 180
Hazelwood, MO 63042