If you are expecting a baby, choosing the right pediatrician is very important. To help you make the best decision for your family, Esse Health Pediatrics offices offer you a Prenatal Consult, which can be virtual or in-person. During this visit you will get a chance to meet one of our pediatricians and can ask questions about their approach to caring for your child. The pediatrician will ask you some details about your pregnancy and medical health. This consult is free of charge. Contact one of our offices today to set up your Prenatal Consult.
Did you know? Esse Health Pediatricians see newborn babies at many hospitals in our area. Ask us during the prenatal consult if we "round" at the hospital where you will have your baby.
Did you know? You can contact your Esse Health Pediatrician by text.
Messages will be answered during business hours.
What to Ask Your Pediatrician
Pediatrician Background Questions
- Where did you complete medical school or residency?
- Are you board certified in pediatrics?
- Are you a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) or other specialty organization?
- How long have you been in practice?
- Do you have any areas of subspecialty?
- Do you visit newborn babies at the hospital?
- At what hospitals do you have nursery or admitting privileges?
- How often do you visit a new baby in the hospital?
- What do you think about circumcision?
- How do you support breastfeeding mothers?
- When do we bring the baby in after the hospital?
Pediatric Practice Questions
- How often does my child need to come in for routine physicals?
- How does it work if my child is admitted to a hospital?
- What is your approach to introducing solid foods to an infant?
- What is your approach to using antibiotics?
- What over-the-counter medications can my child use?
- How do I communicate with your office?
- How are questions over the phone managed in your office? Do you charge for phone calls?
- Do you have any after-hour appointments or weekend appointments?
- How long in advance must you book appointments?
- What diagnostic tests (lab work, strep tests, X-rays) can be done in the office?
- How do you deal with after-hour emergencies?
- Who covers for you when you are on vacation or not available?
- Is there an office reminder system for checkups and immunizations?
- What hppens if I miss a scheduled visit? Is it easy to reschedule?
- Does a nurse practitioner (PNP) work in your office?
- What is the scheduled length of your appointments?
- Do you have a "sick child" waiting room?
- How long will I be sitting in the waiting room, on average?
9580 Watson Road, Suite A
St. Louis, MO 63126