Your Pediatric Patient-Centered Medical Home
Leading the Healthcare community by strengthening the physician-patient relationship
The American Academy of Pediatrics describes a "Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)" as an approach to providing comprehensive primary care that facilitates partnerships between patients, clinicians, medical staff, and families. A medical home extends beyond the four walls of a clinical practice. It includes specialty care, educational services, family support and more.
At Esse Health Pediatrics, being your Patient-Centered Medical Home is a way for us to strengthen the physician-patient relationship by implementing an ongoing relationship for continuous, comprehensive care rather than episodic care.
It's a team effort.
As your primary care provider we are most familiar with your child’s health.
At Esse Health Pediatrics, you and your doctor are at the center of a team. As the team leader, your child’s physician will be responsible for all health care needs and arranging for appropriate care with other qualified clinicians.
It means you not only have a dedicated pediatrician focused on helping reach your child's healthcare goals, you have an entire team of Health Coaches, Care Managers, Dietitians, Social Workers and medical professionals available to assist you. It means your team, led by your doctor, will work with you and your family to create a personal plan of care that meets your individual needs.
What a Patient Centered Medical Home means for you
- Each patient and their family have an ongoing relationship with their physician who is trained to provide continuous and comprehensive care.
- The physician leads a team of individuals at the practice who collectively take responsibility for ongoing patient care.
- The physician is responsible for providing all of the patients health care needs or for arranging care with other qualified professionals.
- Our team will make certain the patient and their family feel comfortable with self-management and will provide support in the form of support groups, information about classes and other services.
- Your physician and staff will be available for regular well exams as well as sick and follow-up appointments.
- During your office visits, your physician will listen to your questions and concerns and communicate clearly with you and help you make the best decision for your care.
- We will follow-up on all concerns that were discussed at previous visits.
What you can do
The National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA) has recognized Esse Health as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
Our intention is to provide individualized, effective and efficient care. We believe you working with your doctor and your medical team leads to the best health outcomes and the highest satisfaction.
9580 Watson Road, Suite A
St. Louis, MO 63126