WHICH IS BEST FOR MY CHILD? CALL US FIRST!
We want you and your child to experience high quality care and great service without an increase in cost.
When your Esse Pediatrics office is open, CONTACT US FIRST - by phone or text if your child is sick or injured. Based on your child’s symptoms, we will help you decide the right “level” of care for your child. Most of the time that will mean being seen in the office OR that we provide a Telehealth visit to take care of your child. If your child is more seriously sick or injured, we may direct you to the emergency room (ER). We do not recommend an Urgent Care clinic for your child when our office is open.
Of course, parents know that kids get sick or hurt at inconvenient times, often when our office is closed. When that happens, CONTACT US FIRST - call our office or our Exchange - to help you decide the right “level” of care for your child.
- Most of the time, they will give you advice to care for your child until our office re-opens the next day.
- Some of the time, they might recommend that your child be seen in Urgent Care clinic that is able to take care of kids (not all of them are able to that).
- If your child is more seriously sick or injured, they will recommend you take your child the the ER. In these cases, the exchange will alert the ER that your child is coming.
Did you know insurance companies may make you responsible for the entire cost of an emergency room (ER) visit if it is not considered an emergency?
CALL 911 OR GO TO YOUR NEAREST ER FOR ALL LIFE-THREATENING ILLNESSES AND EMERGENCIES
- Not Breathing, Severe Trouble Breathing, or Severe Shortness of Breath
- Fever in a Baby Younger then 3 months
- Severe Head Injury or Loss of Consciousness
- Severe Abdominal Pain or Dehydration
- Severe Headache, Dizziness, or Blurred Vision
- Seizure, Difficulty Speaking, Bizarre Behavior
- Suicidal Thoughts or Actions
- Large or Deep Burn, Fracture, Deep Cut, Poisoning
9580 Watson Road, Suite A
St. Louis, MO 63126